- Can I use rubber hose for fuel lines?
- What is the best fuel line hose?
- What type of tubing is used for gasoline?
- Can you replace nylon fuel line with rubber?
- How long does rubber fuel line last?
- Does rubber dissolve in gasoline?
- Can transmission hose be used as fuel hose?
- How do you keep fuel lines from kinking?
- How long does polyethylene tubing last?
- Can silicone tubing be used for gasoline?
- Can you use brass fittings for gasoline?
Can I use rubber hose for fuel lines?
Yes, you can do that. All you need is some regular hose, because 85 was either CFI which used very low pressure (13-15 psi if I remember correctly) or carbed, is like 4 psi, but no pressure before the pump... Just get flare tool kit. Flair the ends and use hose clamps.
What is the best fuel line hose?
The Best Fuel Line Materials
- Copper Nickel Fuel/Transmission Line. ...
- Edelbrock 8131 Fuel Line. ...
- Allstar ALL48328 Fuel Line. ...
- Dorman 800-072 Tubing. ...
- NBR Hose Fuel Line. Check Price at Amazon. ...
- Inline NFR0003 Replacement Kit. Check Price at Amazon. ...
- PRO 1 Fuel Line. Check Price at Amazon. ...
- Cococart 9.85-Foot ID Hose. Check Price at Amazon.
What type of tubing is used for gasoline?
It has exceptional resistance to most gasoline, oils, kerosene, and other petroleum-based chemicals, making PU tubing and hose an ideal choice for fuel lines (although additives in today's gasoline and petroleum products warrant field testing). Title: Can polyurethane tubing be used for fuel lines?
Can you replace nylon fuel line with rubber?
You can put the nylon line several inches up into the rubber hose.
How long does rubber fuel line last?
Rubber fuel lines should be replaced every 10-15 years or whenever any sign of weather cracking is noted.
Does rubber dissolve in gasoline?
The seal will not dissolve but will certainly absorb petrol and swell up. It also might release some oils in the petrol tank, although that is in minisicule amounts.
Can transmission hose be used as fuel hose?
a lot of trans shops will use fuel line because it is less expensive than trans hose. It will work, it just may not last as long when using it for trans hose.
How do you keep fuel lines from kinking?
Use fuel hose that was intended for motorcycles, amigo. Alternatively, find some extension coil springs that are slightly larger in diameter than the fuel hose and slide them over the hoses to prevent them from kinking.
How long does polyethylene tubing last?
High-density polyethylene pipe delivers strong, long-lasting performance with a light weight and price tag. Conservatively expected to last 50-100 years by the Plastic Pipe Institute.
Can silicone tubing be used for gasoline?
Can you use silicone hoses for fuel hoses? Well standard silicone hoses are porous and therefore not suitable for oil or fuel. There are flurosilicone liners, which are specially formulated to prevent oil from penetrating the wall but we would not recommend these for Fuel lines, or heavy use of Fuel Filling.
Can you use brass fittings for gasoline?
Yes. Brass is fuel-compatible. You certainly can, if you want. Or ternecoated steel, or polymer-coated steel.