While there are a variety of reasons your Chrysler PT Cruiser won't start, the most common 3 are a dead battery, an alternator problem, or failed starter.
- Why does my engine turn over but not start?
- How do I get my PT Cruiser out of security mode?
- What is the ASD relay on a PT Cruiser?
- How do you diagnose an engine that won't start?
- What causes no crank no start?
- How do you diagnose a crank no start issue?
- How do I get my car out of anti theft mode?
- Why does my PT Cruiser keep turning off?
- Where is the PCM relay located?
- Can you bypass ASD relay?
- What does an automatic shut down relay do?
Why does my engine turn over but not start?
When your engine cranks but won't start or run, it could mean your engine is having trouble producing a spark, getting fuel, or creating compression. The most common causes are problems in the ignition (for example, a bad ignition coil) or fuel system (for example, a clogged fuel filter).
How do I get my PT Cruiser out of security mode?
How to Disable PT Cruiser Factory Antitheft System
- Press the "Unlock" key on your key fob to deactivate the alarm and unlock the car doors. If you've lost your key fob, unlocking the driver's side door with the key automatically deactivates the PT Cruiser's alarm.
- Look for the black alarm box underneath the dashboard, on the driver's side of the car.
What is the ASD relay on a PT Cruiser?
The function of the automatic shutdown (ASD) relay is to shut off power to major systems. When the key is turned off, as a safety feature.
How do you diagnose an engine that won't start?
Here is what you can do to get to the bottom of why your car won't start.
- 1) Is the engine cranking? ...
- 2) Check the trouble code memory. ...
- 3) Check the crankshaft/camshaft sensors. ...
- 4) Check the fuel pressure. ...
- 5) Check the spark from the ignition coil. ...
- 6) Check if the injectors are opening. ...
- 7) Check the crankshaft/camshaft timing.
What causes no crank no start?
If the fuel pump, fuel injector, or fuel filter is damaged, this can cause the no crank/no start condition. ... If the filter is clogged, the fuel going into the engine will be impeded. The last thing that could be faulty with the fuel system is the fuel supply line.
How do you diagnose a crank no start issue?
Rapid No-Start Diagnosis
- Identification. Identifying the possible causes of a no-start at the outset can shorten the diagnostic time. ...
- Cranking. All good diagnostics start at the beginning, and the beginning of a no-start diagnosis is always the cranking circuit. ...
- Spark. ...
- Timing. ...
- Fuel. ...
- Compression. ...
- Theft-Deterrent Systems.
How do I get my car out of anti theft mode?
Method 3: Insert the key into your car's door
Step 1: Insert the key into the door lock. Use the side door on the driver's side and the physical key even if there is a keyless entry system on the car. Step 2: Turn the vehicle key to unlock the car door without releasing it. Hold the key for 30 seconds in the position.
Why does my PT Cruiser keep turning off?
Out of Fuel
It's usually fuel. The most common reason that a vehicle shuts off when driving is a lack of fuel. The most likely cause is an empty fuel tank aided by a fuel gauge that's not as accurate as it looks.
Where is the PCM relay located?
In order to put power to each of these systems, the engine control module needs to be powered as well. The power distribution center is located under the hood and contains almost every single one of the vehicle's fuses and relays. The ECM power relay, or the PCM relay, acts as a switch that provides power to the ECM.
Can you bypass ASD relay?
The relay itself is a pretty reliable device, it is basically an electric on/off switch as far as function is concerned. ... The two pins that control power on the ASD circuit are #30 & #87, these are the pins you can temporarily put a jumper wire on to bypass the relay.
What does an automatic shut down relay do?
One of these components is the automatic shutdown relay, commonly referred to as the ASD relay. The ASD relay is responsible for supplying switched 12-volt power to the vehicle's injectors and ignition coils, allowing them to provide fuel and produce spark.