- How do you change a serpentine belt on a Chevy Malibu?
- How do you change a serpentine belt on a 2003 Chevy Malibu?
- Where is the alternator located on a 2005 Chevy Malibu?
- Where is the starter located on a 2008 Chevy Malibu?
- Can I change a serpentine belt myself?
- How expensive is it to replace a serpentine belt?
How do you change a serpentine belt on a Chevy Malibu?
How to Replace Serpentine Belt 04-06 Chevy Malibu
- Loosen the intake tube clamp with a flat blade screwdriver.
- Disconnect the small hose from the intake tube.
- Remove the 10mm bolt that holds the intake tube.
- Remove the T25 screws from the air filter box cover.
- Pull the intake tube up.
- Disconnect the wiring harness from the intake tube.
How do you change a serpentine belt on a 2003 Chevy Malibu?
How To Install Replace Serpentine Belt 97-03 Chevy Malibu
- Remove the two 15mm nuts on either side of the engine mounts (spray with penetrating oil)
- Loosen the two 18mm bolts on the engine mount next to the serpentine belt.
- Place a jack underneath the oil pan.
- Jack the engine up.
- Remove the 18mm bolts.
- Slide the engine mount back and out.
Where is the alternator located on a 2005 Chevy Malibu?
The 2005 Chevy Malibu alternator fuse/relay is located in the fuse box underneath the hood. It can be found right next to the battery. Alternator fuses are put into place to allow an alternator to operate. Theyre small fuses found in the fuse boxes of cars that control alternators and help to keep them up and running.
Where is the starter located on a 2008 Chevy Malibu?
The starter on the 2008 Chevrolet Malibu is located on the passenger side of the engine, towards the front and bottom. If You look where the oil dipstick is, it is located towards the bottom of that. The starter is a device used to crank the engine to be able to start it, without it the car wouldn't be able to start.
Can I change a serpentine belt myself?
Serpentine belt replacement is easy because today's automatic drive belt tensioners eliminate the need to loosen bolts or pry components into position for retensioning. Just rotate the tensioner, remove the old belt and install a new one.
How expensive is it to replace a serpentine belt?
It is very inexpensive to replace a serpentine belt whether it's broken or loose. The replacement cost is only going to be between $100 and $200 in most cases. The belt itself will cost between $25 and $80 while the labor costs will probably be between $75 and $120.