There could be many reasons why your blower is working intermittently. It could be that the wiring is bad and needs to be replaced, the motor might need to be replaced, you could have a faulty resistor or you could have an issue with your ignition switch.
- What are the signs of a bad blower motor relay?
- How do I know if my blower motor or resistor is bad?
- How much does it cost to replace a blower motor resistor?
- Is blower motor resistor bad?
- What can cause a blower motor to stop working?
- How much does it cost to fix a blower motor?
- What does a bad blower motor sound like?
- Is there a fuse for the blower motor?
- How long does it take to replace a blower motor in car?
- How long does a blower motor last in a car?
- How much does it cost to replace a blower motor on an air conditioner?
What are the signs of a bad blower motor relay?
Symptoms of a Bad or Failing Blower Motor Relay
- Blower motor does not function. One of the first symptoms of a problem with the blower motor relay is a blower motor that does not function at all. ...
- Blown fuses. One of the first symptoms of a bad or failing AC blower motor relay is a blown AC blower motor relay circuit fuse. ...
- Melted relay.
How do I know if my blower motor or resistor is bad?
Symptoms of a Bad or Failing Heater Blower Motor Resistor
- Blower motor stuck on one speed. A common symptom of a faulty blower motor resistor is a blower motor that is stuck on one setting. ...
- Blower motor does not work on certain settings. ...
- No air from the vehicle's vents.
How much does it cost to replace a blower motor resistor?
The average cost for blower motor resistor replacement is between $114 and $125. Labor costs are estimated between $44 and $55 while parts are priced at $70. This range does not include taxes and fees, and does not factor in your specific vehicle or unique location.
Is blower motor resistor bad?
The most common symptom of a failed blower motor resistor is when the heater fan only runs at the highest speed setting (4 or 5) and doesn't work at low speeds. In some cars, a failed blower motor resistor can cause a heater fan to stop working completely.
What can cause a blower motor to stop working?
In a situation where the motor doesn't work on any speed, the most likely causes are: a blown power supply fuse, a bad motor ground connection, bad motor speed control module or a failed motor. On all systems, a failed blower motor is least likely. ... Start by checking the blower fuse and HVAC controller fuse.
How much does it cost to fix a blower motor?
Cost to Replace Central or Forced Air Blower Motor
Replacing a blower motor costs $450 on average with a typical range of $250 to $800. With a warranty, you might pay as little as $150 for labor alone. For high-end models, like those with large motors or access issues, you might pay as much as $2,000.
What does a bad blower motor sound like?
A defective blower motor will make a continuous sound noticeable by the passengers in the vehicle. It can manifest as a knocking, whirring, clunking, vibrating, squealing, or whining noise that persists until the blower motor is replaced.
Is there a fuse for the blower motor?
If the fan doesn't work, before pointing the finger at the blower motor, check fuses for the motor to make sure they're still good. Many vehicles have two fuses for the blower motor, one in the interior fuse block and the other under the hood. The blower motor is usually under the dashboard on the passenger side.
How long does it take to replace a blower motor in car?
How much time does it take to replace a ac blower motor? Can it be replaced by removing the glove box or do they need to go underneath the steering wheel and remove the brake? This is around a 4 hour job by an experienced Tech. At home, by a Novice with decent skills, about 5 hours plus!
How long does a blower motor last in a car?
For the most part, the heater blower motor on your car is supposed to last as long as the actual vehicle does. Due to the harsh conditions that this blower motor has to operate in, it will usually end up having repair issues. There are a variety of problems that the blower motor may have that will render it useless.
How much does it cost to replace a blower motor on an air conditioner?
When your air conditioner's fan motor breaks, it will typically cost about $300 to $600 to replace. It's imperative to get this fixed quickly, since without a working fan motor your air conditioner's compressor can be the next domino to tumble. Its repair is even more significant — usually running closer to $2,000.