- What causes intermittent car starting?
- Can Starter problems be intermittent?
- What would cause a PT Cruiser not to start?
- What are the signs of a bad solenoid?
- How do I know if its the starter or alternator?
- What are the symptoms of a faulty starter?
- What are the symptoms of a bad relay?
- What are the symptoms of a faulty starter motor?
- Do PT Cruisers have a lot of problems?
- How do I bypass PT Cruiser anti theft system?
- How do I know if my starter or starter solenoid is bad?
What causes intermittent car starting?
If your car starts intermittently, a broken fuse or broken wiring can be the culprit, since damaged wires to the battery or the starter solenoid prevent the power from reaching the starter. ... If the starter goes bad, it can cause a lack of power to the car and cause the car to start intermittently.
Can Starter problems be intermittent?
Intermittent issues starting the vehicle
If you try to start your car and the engine doesn't ignite instantly, but you action the switch once again and it works, this is most likely due to a problem with the relay. ... In some occasions, a damaged relay can cause the starter to make a clicking sound when you turn the key.
What would cause a PT Cruiser not to start?
While there are a variety of reasons your Chrysler PT Cruiser won't start, the most common 3 are a dead battery, an alternator problem, or failed starter.
What are the signs of a bad solenoid?
Symptoms Of A Faulty Starter Solenoid
- Clicking Sound Coming From The Starter Motor. ...
- Starter Motor Keeps Running After The Engine Starts. ...
- The Engine Will Start Sometimes. ...
- There Is No Sound When Trying To Start The Engine.
How do I know if its the starter or alternator?
If you hear a whine or the sound goes fuzzy when you hit the gas, your alternator is probably failing. If the vehicle won't crank or start but the headlights are still working, look to problems with the starter or other parts of the engine.
What are the symptoms of a faulty starter?
Symptoms of a Bad or Failing Starter
- Engine won't turn over. The most common indicator that a problem with your starter exists is when you turn your key and nothing happens. ...
- Starter engages but doesn't spin the motor. ...
- Grinding noise when trying to start the motor. ...
- Smell or see smoke when starting the motor.
What are the symptoms of a bad relay?
Symptoms of a Bad or Failing Ignition Relay
- Car suddenly stalls while operating. One of the most common symptoms of a failed ignition relay is a car that suddenly stalls while operating. ...
- Car not starting. Another symptom of a faulty ignition relay is a no power condition. ...
- Dead battery. A dead battery is another symptom of a faulty ignition relay. ...
- Burned relay.
What are the symptoms of a faulty starter motor?
Trouble Ahead: 4 Signs of Starter Motor Failure
- Buzzing Noise. If the engine doesn't crank but a consistent buzzing sound that occurs when the key is turned, it usually means that there is a flow of electricity to the starter, but the motor is not actuating. ...
- Loud Clicking. ...
- Whirring Noise. ...
- Grinding Sound.
Do PT Cruisers have a lot of problems?
PT Cruiser problems with the engines
Some PT Cruiser owners started having problems with their beloved cars not cranking or turning over. The wireless control module (WCM) is the primary culprit. ... It's more of a headache than anything, for at least the 164 PT Cruiser owners logged complaints with RepairPal.com.
How do I bypass PT Cruiser anti theft system?
How to Disable PT Cruiser Factory Antitheft System
- Press the "Unlock" key on your key fob to deactivate the alarm and unlock the car doors. If you've lost your key fob, unlocking the driver's side door with the key automatically deactivates the PT Cruiser's alarm.
- Look for the black alarm box underneath the dashboard, on the driver's side of the car.
How do I know if my starter or starter solenoid is bad?
Consider these possible signs of a failing or bad starter solenoid when you turn the key:
- Nothing happens. ...
- A single “click” sound comes from the engine compartment or from under the car. ...
- Repeated “clicking” sounds usually indicate a dead battery.